By using this subscription to Alphaliner online Service(s) and/or Monthly Monitor, and/or Weekly Newsletter or any other Alphaliner publication(s), report(s) Client and User(s) agree to the terms and conditions outlined below or to any future amendment or version as available on www.alphaliner.com
1. ALPHALINER is the owner and/or has authority to use the entirety of the rights relating to the contents, logos, trademarks, and any distinctive signs, together with the software, and any upgrades or developments which may be made to its website, online Service(s), publication(s), report(s) shall be vested in and remain with ALPHALINER, even when such upgrades or developments result from proposals from or information provided by any User
2. The publication of facts and figures derived from the ALPHALINER reports or publications, website, online Service(s) and databases is ALPHALINER exclusive prerogative. Any graph, figure and/or facts derived from the ALPHALINER reports or publications, website, online Service(s) and databases must expressly quote the source ALPHALINER when such figures and facts are used in presentations, reports, press articles, online publications and/or other media.
3. Any representation or reproduction, redistribution, whether in all or in part, of the contents, logos, trademarks and/or any distinctive sign, software, or any development thereto used in the context of the management of the ALPHALINER website, online Service(s), report(s) or publication(s), by any means whatsoever, without the prior written authorisation of ALPHALINER, is forbidden and shall constitute an infringement of such copyright or intellectual property rights.
4. In accessing Alphaliner website, online Service(s), publication(s), report(s), the User recognises that the data composing it is legally protected and that, by way of example but without limitation, any extraction, reuse, storage, reproduction, redistribution, representation, or keeping, whether directly or indirectly, on any type of support, by any means or in any form whatsoever of all or part, whether or not qualitatively or quantitatively substantial, of the contents of the database of the ALPHALINER website, online Service(s), and of the contents of any ALPHALINER publication(s), report(s) is forbidden without the prior written authorisation of ALPHALINER.
5. Notwithstanding the above, it is expressly agreed that any User is entitled:
• To continue to use, without restriction, any and all information or data which it has itself contributed to the ALPHALINER website, online Service(s), and of any ALPHALINER reports or publications; and
• To extract, re-use, store, reproduce, represent, or keep any and all information or data comprising some of the ALPHALINER internet website content provided that this information or data is retrieved in a reasonable way consistent with a normal human use and is for the sole purposes of research internal to the User and for the User’s private purpose or is restricted to the normal course of the User’s business, and provided that the source of the information or data is expressly quoted as being ALPHALINER and that there is no public redistribution of such information or data by any form of media of any kind whatsoever. Serial downloads of information or data are not authorized and will lead to a cancellation of the subscription contract immediately without notice and without prejudice on ALPHALINER’s rights.
• Any financial analysis, reports or statistics made available on this website, online Service(s) and related publications (including ALPHALINER Weekly Newsletter, ALPHALINER Monthly Monitor), and identified as designated for the purposes of being distributed, can only be extracted, used, stored, reproduced, represented, or kept provided that the Client and User(s) have a valid on-line subscription to the relevant service and obtain a prior written authorisation of ALPHALINER.
6. Notwithstanding the above, graphs, figures and short extracts of reports published by ALPHALINER in its internet website, publications and reports (including the ALPHALINER Newsletter and ALPHALINER Monthly Monitor) can be reproduced in User’s publications and reports provided that the source “ALPHALINER” is clearly mentioned and provided that the volume of graphs and figures reproduced remains reasonable and limited in scope so that not to unfairly compete with ALPHALINER’s original website, publications and reports.
7. ALPHALINER website, online Service(s) include embedded AIS data which includes copyrighted material of VesselTracker GmbH and exactEarth Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
8. ALPHALINER is not the holder of any right (including copyright and any other rights of intellectual property) relating to the software or the content of any sites accessible by hyperlinks inserted in ALPHALINER website, online Service(s). Users nevertheless agree that they will not infringe or otherwise violate in any manner whatsoever any of the intellectual property rights which the owners or operators of any copyright or intellectual property may hold rights in relation to such sites.
9. Although ALPHALINER makes all its reasonable efforts to ensure that the information provided through the ALPHALINER website, online Service(s), and in ALPHALINER reports, publications and statistics is as accurate as possible, such information is given in good faith as guidance only without guarantee as to its accuracy or completeness. ALPHALINER makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy and completeness of the information provided through this its website, online Service(s) and in its reports, publications and statistics, including via any hypertext links or any other items used either directly or indirectly from the ALPHALINER website, online Service(s), and reserves the right to make changes and corrections to the data made available through the ALPHALINER website, online Service(s), and in its reports, publications and statistics at any time, without any notice.
The Client and User(s) acknowledge that:
– ALPHALINER shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including, without limitation, any financial loss or damage) which could be suffered as a result of relying on the information and data provided through the ALPHALINER website, online Service(s), downloading or processing of any file from this website, online Service(s), or otherwise using any information available on the ALPHALINER website and in ALPHALINER reports, publications and statistics;
– ALPHALINER accepts no responsibility for any inaccuracies or omissions in respect of the information available through the ALPHALINER website, online Service(s), and in ALPHALINER reports, publications, analysis and statistics; this information is provided on an “as is” basis and as guidance only, with no representation or guarantee of their veracity or accuracy; any decisions based on information contained in the ALPHALINER website, online Service(s), and in ALPHALINER reports, publications, and statistics are the sole responsibility of both the Client and User(s). No liability is accepted for any damage caused by the use of those information.
– Client and User(s) shall be engaged with any new version of the Alphaliner Copyrights and Terms.
A Client and/or User who does not abide to Alphaliner General Terms and Conditions is not entitled to access or use any of the ALPHALINER service.
Edition 1st May 2017